Many people worry about their safety and security. We happen to live and serve in South Africa, a country bound by fear and crime and loaded with gates, locks and alarms. But we also serve in a missional community where many people are preparing to go to hostile places around the world where the gospel has not yet reached. So, danger is a very real thing for many of our friends who are counting the cost of giving their lives. Last week, I was listening to Floyd (our leader here) teach on values and he started talking about danger in a way that stirred my heart.
- Living in constant disobedience to Jesus...that is dangerous.
- When our greatest goal is to work 70 hours a week for 35 years so we can have a nice house and a pension...that is dangerous.
- When a Mom and Dad compromise the will of God while their kids watch on...that is dangerous.
- When you are more interested in insuring your life on this earth (70 years if you're lucky) while you do nothing to insure your life for all eternity....that is dangerous.
- Wanna hear something else dangerous? Dangerous is when you install gates, alarms and locks all around you and your family while you open your doors wide to the father of lies, the great destroyer and accuser, satan.
Perhaps it would do us all some good to consider the differences between danger in the world and danger in the Kingdom.