- Today's message was a buffet...not fine dining. Gave lots of stuff to think about.
- Psalm 81 was a passage we spent some time in. It seems to say 3 things: 1) stop putting things before God, 2) when you do, things will flop, and 3) if you WILL put God first, he will hook you and and have your back.
- You don't have to give it, but you aint gonna keep it! God does not need your money. In fact, I don't even think he wants it. What he wants is YOU! He wants to be first in your world.
- I gave people (who wanted one) a paper to take home that outlined Jesus's main teachings on giving and Paul's main teachings on giving. We ran out and had to copy more. If you want it, email me and I will send it to you.
- When the money is funny, so is my honey. There are ways that we can help marriages struggling over money. Just let us know, so we can try to help. Don't suffer in silence.
Bishop Roderick Caesar is a Pastor in New York who shares these wise principles with his church on the regular:
- Tithe and pay your bills on time
- Save systematically and invest
- Spend responsible and within your means
- Don't buy what you don't mean
Tonight, I read about a church in South Carolina (New Spring Church) that started a series this morning called "Where's my Bailout." The Executive Pastor, Tony Morgan posted some of the highlights from what Lead Pastor, Perry Noble said in his message this morning. I found some of the things he said to be pretty interesting...and wild. Click here to read this!!