I follow many Pastors in their leadership journey's. I like to watch and learn from guys who:
- Have been doing it longer than I have
- Are doing ministry in new and creative ways
- Are fresh thinkers
- Blog and make their journey easy to track
- Have passion for the things of God and the hearts of people
- Have fruit/success in their ministry context
With the assistance of technology, it makes it really simple (like 120 seconds per day per guy) to follow them and see what they are doing and thinking about in ministry. It jazzes me to learn new things and to see people think in different ways.
It may interest you to see some of the guys that I enjoy following online via blogs, twitter, articles, etc.:
- Mark Batterson
- Ed Young
- Perry Noble
- Craig Groeschel
- Greg & Geoff Surratt
- Ben Rainey
- Andy Stanley
- I try to follow older guys like Bill Hybels and Rick Warren, but the older the leader (typically), the less they put online. Instead, they write books and sell them. Smile. Man, they are smart!
Soon, I will feature a few thoughts about some of these guys individually.