See if you can fill in the blanks for tomorrow....
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV) (9) Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: (10) If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! (11) Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? (12) Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.
1. Focus more on ______________ a friend than on _____________ one! (v.9) You can make more friends in a month by being interested in them than you will in ten years by trying to get them interested in you.
2. Talk _______ your friends, not ____________ them! (v. 12) Gossip is when someone says something negative or unkind about someone who is not present, whether it is true or not.
3. Be careful not to downplay the importance of ________________ friendship; it’s prevalence is speaking! We were all born with the desire to connect!
4. Pay attention to who _______________ chose as friends! The church out to be safe place for the wounded, the sell-out and the sinner.
5. For the real deal, _______________ is a must!