I said that we would take some time to share some of the powerful ways that God has been at work in our family over the last few months. I love to be open in my communication. I'm not a very private person. As you can imagine, this last few months has been challenging--to hold all this stuff in until the appropriate time to share it.
- Save money for where God is taking us.
- Practice quick and courageous obedience. It kinda felt like a symbol of commitment to the Lord-- saying "YES, we will go!"
- We thought maybe it was best not to go from 2,700 square feet to who-knows-what in South Africa. Trying to avoid (at least some) culture shock.
- We did not need all the space in our house. God has been doing a work on us in this way.
- We are blessed with many local family and friends that would let us stay on their front porch. ;-0
- Finally, we figured moving out of our house 8 months before actually leaving for the mission field would make the leaving easier. We will have already grieved some of our loss.