If you were in church this morning, you heard an announcement shared regarding a tragedy that has struck a young couple in our church community. Although Katie Alsop and Steve Sadelson did not attend CCF every week, they came periodically and consider CCF their home church. Katie and Steve have 2 daughters (2 and 6) together and were engaged to be married. Steve has been struggling with life choices and emotional health for years. Steve was a guy with a great heart and a desire to do right, but with a tough past to overcome. Well, on Thursday night, Steve ended his life. The pain that his fiance, family and friends must feel goes beyond words. I will be officiating the funeral this Wednesday in Calvert County. This morning, we gathered around Katie twice and prayed for her. That is what the church should be about.
Perhaps you want to know how you could help. Here are some ideas:
- PRAY!!! They need the power and presence of God right now that comes through intercession.
- Come to the funeral and show your support to Katie. We are her church. I will post the details later. The funeral will be at Lees's Funeral Home in Owings, MD and will likely be on Wednesday.
- Contribute Financially. There is a memorial fund set up in Steve's memory. Contributions can be mailed to: PNC Bank/Stephen Sadelson Memorial Fund at 8101 South Maryland Boulevard, Owings, MD 20736.
- Meals. Call the church if you can help in this way. We will point you in the right direction.
- Send Katie Alsop a card to 5607 35th Ave., Hyattsville, MD 20782.
Thanks, CCF for doing what you are so good at! Genuinely loving people! Even people that you don't know. That is precisely what it is to be like Jesus!