Our family is sent and backed by Eastern Mennonite Missions (EMM) in Salunga, Pennsylvania of the USA. We are very, very thankful for EMM and it's missions history and missions heart. We consider it an honor to be EMM missionaries. One of the things that Tricia and I are most thankful for is that EMM requires all missionaries to form a Missionary Support Team when they begin the journey of responding to God's call. The Missionary Support Team (MST) is a group of people with an interest in and love for the missionary, and they serve as a vital link between the missionary, the supporting home community, and EMM. The MST led and walked with us through the discerning, fund-raising and sending process. In addition, they continue to encourage, support and advise us while we are serving overseas. They also lead the fundraising and administrative responsibilties that keep us on the feild.
We cannot begin to tell you what a peace of mind we have knowing that there is a team of people back home that have our best interest at heart and are walking with our family each step of the way.
Here is our team. Note that each play a specific role:
- June- Chair
- Ruth- Treasurer
- Barbara- Prayer Coordinator
- Lia- Child Advocate
- Abiola & Jaye- Church Communicators
- Lacreshia- Small Group Representative
- Glenn- Pastoral Rep and CCF Missions Overseer
- Pam & Joe- Family Representatives
- Harmony & Selah- Sisters, Fundraising Planners
- Tracy Wenzel- Friend Rep
- Paul- Local Pastor and Strategic Connections
2. EMM (Missions Organization)
3. CCF (Spiritual Community) The team meets bimonthly or as needed and responds to any issues that arise. They are now assisting me in preparing for my trip home in May.