Throughout the talk today, Rick Warren would throw out statements that I knew I needed to remember. Ones like:
- 150,000,000 attend church on Sunday in America. That is more people that attend church in ONE weekend than attend Pro sporting events across America for a YEAR! Can you imagine what would happen if the church actually started discipling people?
- Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is moving ahead in spite of your fear.
- Church is about the people, not the steeple.
- Use other people's ideas to build the Kingdom of God. There is nothing new under the sun. The person who wants to be original or nothing is both! Rick does not copyright his info. He WANTS people to use it for the glory of God. He said today "if my bullet fits your gun, shoot it."
- You don't grow people to commitment, you grow people through commitment.
- Spiritual growth is intentional...not accidental or automatic.
- There is a big difference between growing old and growing up.
- You are as close to God as you want to be. And if you don't feel close to God, guess who moved?
- God does not bless programs, he blesses people.
- Take Notes!!! The shortest pencil is longer than the longest memory.
- It's not all about the weekend services. The weekend is just the funnel.
This wisdom just flowed!