Saturday was Davis's 1st Birthday Party. Today was his "REAL" birthday. It was cool because tonight my parents stopped by to give him a birthday hug and since Tricia's mom is in town visiting us, Davis spent his Birthday even with all 3 of his living Grandparents!
Anyway, one year ago today, we were at the hospital having a LIFE TRANSPLANT. Truly, our life has not been and will never be the same again. I have learned so much from Davis already. Here are a ten things that he has taught me in my first year as a Dad:
- You can stare at a person with marvel every day without it ever getting old!
- Babies aren't afraid of heights...or counter tops.
- You can love someone else way more than you love yourself.
- Early mornings and late nights are a great time for relationship building (and Barney).
- Leaving work with stuff undone is well worth it if a baby crawls to you when you walk through the door of your house.
- Marriage gets better when you share in creating a life together!
- Diapers leak after 5 hours (especially when Mommy is at work).
- One of God's most overlooked miracles is the way that he forms new life!
- Slow down, because the clock won't!
- My parents must have been machines to have raised 5 as close in age as we were!