Sometimes it feels like my family tree is a Bonsai. It's just small. Barely a tree!
- First of all, the extent of family I have on my Dad's side is my Dad! That's it. No more (that we know of or connect to in any way).
- My parents are both only children. Hence, I have no Aunts, no Uncles and no Cousins.
- All four of my Grandparents have passed away. Tricia's too.
- So, the only extended family I have are Great Aunts, Great Uncles, Second Cousins, etc.
- Of that extended family (on Mom's side only, of course), we see most of them rarely if ever and barely have any relationship at all (with very few exceptions).
All that to say, we have a very small "family" making us all the more thankful for who we do have.