- Leader seeks counsel from others before a decision is made. (This may be individual or interactive group counsel.)
- Leader makes a decision.
- Leader instructs and informs others about the decision that has been made.
Reasons to use this style:
- Need for high quality decision calls for the wisdom of counsel.
- Time is a factor, but with less urgency than for telling.
- You want advice before deciding.
- You want to provide the possibility of greater buy-in by others.
(Will post the other 2 tomorrow.)