Here were some of the driving thoughts about seasonal living from my message yesterday..."There's a season for that." The message should be online by tomorrow.
- Recognize that the the nature of seasons are like the seasons of nature...they will pass!!
- A season in our life is a time frame that has been allotted for something to happen.
- If you fail to recognize a season of planting and soil work (unseen and internal), you may miss the harvest (noticed and external). I will not know to go gather the crop if I never knew it got planted!
- Genesis 8:22 confirms that life has seasons when it says "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."
- Advice: Don’t Force Spring When It is Winter.
- Resist rushing or delaying your seasons!! You will pay for both!
- Proverbs 20:4 says, “If you are too lazy to plow in the right season, you will have no food at the harvest.”
- In the natural realm we have a calendar which says that on the 20th day of this month, the season changed. Yet we know the season doesn’t always change on the 20th. The physical manifestation doesn’t always appear on the 20th.
- So, remember this: The season doesn’t change because the day has arrived, the season changes because the time has arrived.
- When King David was anointed to be the King of Israel, it would be years later before he would be appointed King, because the time of his anointing was not the time of his appointing.
- Remember your seasons! Do not forget them. And rack up the lessons learned in them!!
- Gal 6:9 says "Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."
Praying for you as I write this that God will do the work in the soil of your heart that causes you to reap a harvest of faithfulness!
What season do you see yourself in right now? What is God showing you in this season?