We don't know. Well, we know some things, but our honest sense is that in many ways the Lord is calling us into the unknown. We have a strong sense that we don't know the half of the reason why the Lord has called us out of CCF and into South Africa. Time will tell.
- We will be officially moving to Cape Town on or about January 15, 2011.
- Then, we will take a few weeks to get settled, scope the area, get Davis into school, adjust to culture some, etc.
- The first weekend in February, we will begin a six-month Church Planting Training with All Nations called CPx. CPx is an intense church planting training experience where will be trained in how to plant church-planting movements as simple, missional communities. You can click here to read all about it.
- By July, 2011 (after CPx) we expect to secure a modest place to live as a family there in Cape Town. At this point, we expect to remain in Cape Town at least one year following the conclusion of CPx. During that year we will serve within All Nations and participate in church-planting and caring for the poor, neglected and unreached people of Cape Town.
- During the entire stay we plan to serve, learn, dream, write, communicate, contextualize, and envision ways to carry effective church planting to other places around the world....very possible to this area from which we are being launched.
- We plan to be personally mentored by Floyd and Sally McClung, founder of All Nations. We were honored to have him at our Dining Room Table on January 31, 2010. We hope to be at theirs one year later. ;-)