Last night at our District Pastors meeting, we looked a Luke 4-- the story of Jesus being poorly received in his Hometown. On of the parallel accounts of this same story is in Mark 6. Here in the beginning of Mark 6, we see Jesus being treated very differently in his hood than he had in other towns. We see comments made such as:
- Where did this man get these things?
- Where did his wisdom come from?
- Isn't this the carpenter?
- Isn't this Mary's son?
- Isn't this the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon?
- Aren't his sisters here with us?
They were basically saying, who does this guy think he is? He is just one of us. Surely, he can't do these things.