- I will either live out my values, or I will live out everyone else's.
- I can live on with purpose with purpose or I can live haphazardly without purpose.
- When I am not living true to my values, I will live in a constant state of guilt thinking about what I really should be doing.
- I get one chance on this earth to make my life count, and for all intents and purposes, it's half over! I cannot and I will not waste my life. I want to live it in fullest obedience to Jesus.
And here is what I have done about it:
- I started going to bed every night by 10pm so I can get up every morning at 5:30am and spend time with Jesus. I want some serious intimacy with Him! And it will take time and energy for us to bond and keep bonding. He is everything to me. Everything in my life has to fit in around Him!
- Then, I took prayerful time to start developing and listing out my personal values. Values (to me) are the things absolutely most important to me...the top priorities of my life....the things that Jesus is asking ME to do and be and commit to. Those are my values. I now know my top 10 and am ready to give an account of what they are and how I am living them.
- Then, I lead my wife in the same process. We both are doing this together.
- Now, we have taken our list of values...the things we are most called to live into...and we have laid them next to our calendar and ensured that every value has proper place in our weekly schedule. We have translated our core callings into time and events in our week. This is the only way to LIVE intentionally with purpose. Now, we can see it laid out in front of us.
- Now, we just get to it, continually cross checking the calendar with the values.
- I have been working at this with significant intentionality for 2-3 weeks now and I want to assure you that this is NOT easy, but it is VERY fulfilling and rewarding. For the first time in a long time, I feel I am living in full obedience to Jesus in regards to how I spend my time.
What about you?
Do you even know your values?
Are you living them?
Are you sure?